Internal Medicine deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infective & non infective illnesses in adult patients. Internists (physicians) are skilled in managing patients who are suffering from undifferentiated or multi-system diseases.
Department of Internal Medicine is backbone of any hospital which takes care of admitted patients as well as patients coming in the ou patient department with a broader vision & expertise. Department of Internal Medicine provides comprehensive care with the help of its sub-specialities including emergency & critical care departments to patients with multiple organ systems involvement.
Thanks to our dedicated team of Internal Medicine consultants, our patients get the best treatment irrespective of disease complexity or rarity. Best practices are deployed in managing various communicable or infectious and noncommunicable diseases. These are mainly viral febrile illnesses like dengue, chikungunya, chicken pox, influenza etc., malaria, typhoid, tuberculosis, pneumonia, hepatitis, meningitis, liver abscess, urinary tract infections. Department also deals with noncommunicable chronic diseases like Diabetes, HTN, COPD, Bronchial Asthma, migraine, stroke, myocardial infarction, chronic kidney disease, arthritis etc.
Internal medicine is a vast medical speciality that involves diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. It has various subspecialties that are as follows:
- Cardiology deals with the diseases and disorders related to the heart. Some common conditions include heart attacks, congestive heart failure, and valvular heart disease among others.
- Endocrinology deals with issues related to the endocrine system, i.e., the system of glands that produces hormones like thyroid hormone, growth hormone and insulin. Some common conditions include diabetes and thyroid disease.
- Pulmonology deals with the medical conditions related to the respiratory tract. Some pulmonological diseases are asthma, tuberculosis, lung cancer and more.
- Gastroenterology deals with the defects and diseases of the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and biliary tree. Some conditions that are treated are cirrhosis, hepatitis, pancreatitis and liver failure.
- Nephrology deals with the diseases of kidneys. Nephrological conditions include kidney failure, kidney stones, hypertension, nephritis and chronic kidney diseases.
- Infectious Diseases refer to the diseases that are caused by organisms such as bacteria, fungi and viruses. Some infectious diseases are influenza, chicken pox, measles, dengue fever, tuberculosis, typhoid fevers, malaria etc.
- Rheumatology refer to diseases of joints & connective tissue that include rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, Spondyloarthropathies etc.
- Haematology deals with various conditions like anaemia, leukemia, lymphoma etc.
Here at Aarogyam, we have excellent team of doctors who provide superior care & management. Our services are not just limited to the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases but also extend to create awareness about a healthy life style & prevention of non communicable diseases.