IVF (IN-Vitro Fertilization)
IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) is a type of assisted reproductive technology which involves a series of procedures to treat fertility and assist with the conception of child. During IVF, mature eggs are collected (retrieved) from your ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. It is true that both men and women have an equal likelihood of suffering from infertility. Due to increased work stress, hectic and fast-paced urban lifestyle, environmental toxins, and delaying marriageable age – the chances of infertility are rising significantly.
Sometimes, a reason inexplicable to infertility may cause more frustration and depression in couple’s life. Therefore, it is important to opt for a fertility treatment process that assures you. We at Max Healthcare are committed to offering the best and ethical treatment for fertility and assisted reproduction.
Steps involved in IVF and/or ICSI programme
- Controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH): Daily hormonal injections medication to stimulate ovaries to obtain multiple eggs
- Follicular development tracking with ultrasound and blood tests
- Egg retrieval from follicles in ovary general anesthesia
- Collecting semen sample
- Fertilization of eggs with sperm in the laboratory
- Embryo(s) transfer into the uterus under ultrasound guidance
- Pregnancy testing- blood test
Specific medications post -treatment and pregnancy follow up care is given.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a fertility treatment that involves placing sperm inside a woman’s uterus to facilitate fertilization. The goal of IUI is to increase the number of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes and subsequently increase the chance of fertilization.
IUI provides the sperm an advantage by giving it a head start, but still requires a sperm to reach and fertilize the egg on its own. It is a less invasive and less expensive option compared to in vitro fertilization.
When is IUI used?
The most common reasons for IUI are a low sperm count or decreased sperm mobility.
However, IUI may be selected as a fertility treatment for any of the following conditions as well:
- Unexplained infertility
- A hostile cervical condition, including cervical mucus problems
- Cervical scar tissue from past procedures which may hinder the sperms’ ability to enter the uterus
- Ejaculation dysfunction