Aarogyam Blood Bank
Department of Blood Transfusion Medicine at Aarogyam Medical College & Hospital (AMCH) welcomes you to the world of SAFE BLOOD. We provide complete Blood Transfusion Solutions to the patients of Aarogyam and all other hospitals. Our experienced team of Transfusion Medicine Doctors are trained in the best medical institutes to manage blood requirements of all categories of patients – from pregnant mothers and their unborn babies to the critical and sick elderly patients. We are not just Blood Bank, we are a team of experts working with the treating doctors for best clinical outcomes in our patients who require blood transfusion support.
- ABO Blood Grouping and Rh Typing
- Detailed RH and Kell antigen typing – for pregnant females,
- Cross matching
- Antibody screening
- Antibody identification
- Antibody titration
- Coombs Testing – Direct and Indirect (e.g. hemolytic anemia, TTP)
- Viral serology – ELISA and PCR for HIV, HBV and HCV
- Blood Donation (18 – 65 years)
- Blood/ plasma exchange
- Therapeutic phlebotomy or blood letting (e.g. in polycythaemia vera).
- Stem Cell harvesting, storage and transplantation
- PRP therapy (research protocol
- Automated blood donation
- Robotic testing for blood grouping, cross-matching, Coombs testing, etc.
- Robotic testing for infections like HIV, Hepatitis B &C
- Special blood units for children using sterile connection device
- APHERESIS TECHNOLOGY
- High quality blood components